Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Black Ice

This morning reminded me of those days as a child when you would have your eyes glued to the television praying that your school district would be closed. My wife who is a teacher was informed last evening that her charter school would be opening two hours late this morning due to the ice. So, this morning at 6:30 like an excited 8th grader, I turned on the news to the get the school closing run-down. What memories this brought back. I can remember vividly my brother and I refusing to get dressed until we knew for sure if we had to go to school or not. If we did not have to go due to the snow we would then hurry up and get dressed, go outside and punish each other with a barrage of snowballs. Even my father would join in on the action on his way to work. How I miss the grade school days. Short of a major weather event, there will be no delays for me.

Can someone please tell Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield to speak to Muhammad Ali's doctor. Where are the loved ones in both of their respective lives. Is there any one in both of their corners (no pun intended) that can tell them that they need to hang up the gloves forever beofre serious long term damage occurs. There is a rumor going around that these two may be planning a bout for some serious cash. NO NO NO... This is a epic fail waiting to happen in my opinion. I need to put together an intervention team ASAP.

2 comments:

  1. Well like you Nazir wanted me to get him dressed so he could go outside. He is fascinated with the crunch of snow under his feet. And as for Tyson and Holyfield they do have family. Unlike Ali's family, they all have their hands out forcing these men to sell their aged skills for a profit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Tyson/Holyfield rumor is old man, but don't group Tyson with Holyfield. He has far less mileage on him than most boxers, because he went to jail and he fought so infrequently. Now Holyfield is just an assclown

    ReplyDelete