Thursday, January 29, 2009

Facebook

Facebook never ceases to amaze me. For the last few months now I have been getting friend requests from a wide variety of people on Facebook. These requests have come from people I used to go to school with, to former clients, to people that know me through someone else, etc. It really is an interesting dynamic. I also am starting to believe that Facebook is addictive. My wife stays on Facebook, as well as many other people that I know. What is it about this site that has us all in awe. Do we really want to connect with old friends or are we just curious to see what people are doing and have done in their lives. Does this prove that all of us are nosey or is it a dire curiousity. I will fully admit that I am nosey and will leave it at that.


This economy is really starting to make me nervous. I am 30 years old and can't remember a time when so many people were losing jobs. Everyday on the news you are hearing about companies cutting jobs and even some companies going under. Many predictions have things getting a lot worse before they get better. I had a conversation with my father the other night and he stated to me that I lot of what we are seeing are some companies "trimming the excess fat". It still makes me nervous. I work in the banking field and I see firsthand how people are being affected. Property values are going down, money market rates are almost non-existent, you almost need an 800 credit score to get approved for a any type of loan, and so on. I really hope this stimulus helps but I don't know...

No comments:

Post a Comment