Saturday, January 24, 2009

Laws .

There really needs to be law about going into work on the weekend. There has to be no worse feeling (an exaggeration of course) than getting up at 7:00am on a Saturday morning to go in the office. I really think the weekends should be time spent with family, friends, and maybe Jack Daniels if that is your cup of tea. Now, I know I should not be complaining since this week was a shortened one but still I must vent. And I know I need to make the best of my day.

I also need to know is there a unwritten law about having to speak to your neighbors. When I returned from work yesterday, as I parked my car by neighbor was sitting on his porch and went out of his way to speak to me. When I say out of his way I mean he was on his cell phone and told the person to hold on and walk down his stairs and into the middle of the sidewalk to speak to me. I really think this is uncalled for. A simple wave in my opinion will suffice. This is almost as bad as my new neighbor to my left who proceeded to tell me her whole life story when I was rushing to a meeting one morning. I understand that she may need a friend ( her husband just died and she moved to get out the the old house) but that is something that needs to be eased in. I know this sounds harsh but you get my drift. My wife accuses me of being anti-social and that just may be the truth. I just don't have patience a lot of time for random conversation.

2 comments:

  1. Man don't speak to your neighbors. Act like you're on the phone, step lively and with purpose and walk away

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn...you really are Rashad's brother. That whole "neighborly exchange" proves it. LOL

    ReplyDelete