Sunday, March 1, 2009

Any and everything

I think my itching for reggae music is back in full swing. I have been playing nothing but reggae for the last two days. Prior to this I have been asking around to see who can get me some old school reggae. I used to listen to it a lot growing up and kind of lost my love for it. I don't know where this renewed interest came from. Let me just say that if anyone has some please sent it to me. Don't be shy.

They are saying that we are supposed to get a lot of snow this afternoon and this evening. I can't wait. I have been saying all winter that I want a big snow storm and it looks as if I may have my wish. Now, I know I am older and my office will not close but it still makes for good times. I think my wife will be out of work tomorrow and my son will get to run wild one more day. That makes me smile.

I watched Robert Gates on meet the press this morning there was very strange moment in which David Gregory asked Gates if he was going to serve out the term his position and he stated that it would be challenging. I found this very interesting. I must say that I was shocked at first when he agreed to stay in the position after the transition but I did not know he would make a public statement like that. I must say though that I liked the fact that he stated that Obama is more of a analytical person that Bush is. That too made me smile.

I am in the third full month of my beard and I must say that I am happy. I have tried for many years to grow a beard and I have always come up short. Oh how things have changed. I now have a full "Black thought" like beard and I am too happy. One of my clients told me that it makes me look more distinguished. My wife even told me that I look more handsome. That is all I need.......

I highly advise everyone to go to Ovation TV and watch the special that they did on Miles Davis. I must say that I have always been a fan of his work. I grew up in a household where his music was constantly played, but watching this special made me a bigger fan. Just to see the genius behind his music making process is enough to get anyone with a creative gene inspired. He also was very much an enigma. I don't think anyone fully understood him but they read him through his music. I think more artists should strive for this.

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of reggae, have you heard that new Heavy D song?

    ReplyDelete