Friday, March 6, 2009

Customer Service

Since when did Customer Service get so bad across the board. It seems as if everywhere that I go that people really do not want to be at work. You would think in these times that people would appreciate the fact that they have jobs and act accordingly. I have had no such luck. Yesterday I spent my day off with my son and he and I went searching for an item that I needed for my computer. The first establishment that I went to had decent service. I emphasize decent. The gentleman asked me if I needed assistance and I stated that I did. I gave him the specs for my computer and he did some research but had to call someone else in. This second person did not acknowledge me or my son and acted like I was stopping him from doing something else. I took offense to this but held my tongue due to me being a good father and all. So, once the rude gentleman informed me of the price I told him that I wanted to look around a bit before I paid that price and I left. I went to four other stores yesterday and things went downhill from there. One store the employee was busy having a conversation with someone else when I was trying to get information from her. Another store the employee did not even look me in my eye when she was speaking to me. One store I called the person had the nerve to take a loud slurp (pause) from their drink in a very loud fashion. When I finally settled on a store to buy what I needed the employee at the front checkout basically threw the bag at me and rolled her eyes. This is just unacceptable. I don't know where good customer service has gone. It seems as if everyone that I have spoke to have had a experience that mirrors my own. I don't want to speak to the elephant in the room here but that might be a possibility. I will save that rant for another day.

I watched the Departed for the hundred time last night. This movie seems to only get better every time that I watch it. My wife has told me on numerous occasions that I watch this movie too much. If you have ever seen this movie the acting is superb. Plus, I think Jack Nicholson is one of the best bad guys to ever grace the screen. Very good movie indeed.

1 comment:

  1. The best quote in the Departed, "Marriage is an important part of getting ahead. It lets people know you're not a homo. A married guy seems more stable. People see the ring, they think 'at least somebody can stand the son of a b*tch.' Ladies see the ring, they know immediately that you must have some cash, and your cock must work."

    ReplyDelete