Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Overload

I really am going to have to stop watching CNN for a minute. I am realizing that if you watch it everyday you will be a very depressed person. All you see on there is stories about the economy and how people are losing jobs and how much in debt we are. It is really going against what I am trying to strive for right now. I am really pushing to be more positive all around. I have made people around me try to find the positive in everything. Even in the midst of a terrible situation you can find something positive in it. I also realize that if you constantly surround yourself with negative things, that finding a positive can be even harder. This is my stance on watching CNN and reading the newspaper. It is something that I feel I should do due to keeping up with the news but it must be done in moderation. I wake up in the morning feeling positive and I can't allow negative news to get me down. I have been in some very low places mentally so I really can appreciate finding the positive in everything. I think it is a good rule of thumb to live by.

My nephew is coming into town this weekend and I couldn't be more excited. I have not spent as much time with him as I should but it seems as if ever since my son was brought into this world that it has become more of a priority to me. It makes me smile to see him now. I remember when he was a baby when he stayed with me and my cat (don't ask) kept hissing at him. My nephew paid the cat no mind whatsoever. The last time I saw him in September he was just as grown as ever. We played catch outside of my house and I was just amazed. I really can't wait just to chill with him.

I have a serious case of sprig fever right now. This warm weather we have been having up here is making me long for the summer. I guess I did not realize how much of last summer I missed moving up here and find a place. It's like the entire summer breezed by. All of that is going to change this spring and summer. I plan on enjoying every warm day I can. It just needs to stay warm and we can start things off. Three more weeks until spring.......

1 comment: