Monday, March 2, 2009

Envious

So, this morning I wake up at 4 something this morning to my wife's cell phone going off informing her her school is closed this morning. Then I get call around 6:45 this morning stating that my office will NOT be closing this morning. As I rolled out of of bed and looked outside I saw at least six inches of snow on the ground and thought about every excuse in the world that I could come up with to stay home. I could not come up with one. So I woke up, did the three s's and intended on starting my day in a bad mood. After I got dressed though that all changed. I went in my son's room, got him out of bed, and informed him that it was snowing and he would be staying home today. He then ran to window in our bedroom and the look on his face was priceless. My son started smiling and telling me over and over again that it is snowing and that the snow is white. (He has just learned his colors) This changed my entire outlook on my day. I can't tell you how it feels to see his excitement of seeing his first real snow. It may seem small to some but you learn how to treasure every little thing when you have a child. I told him that I have to go to work to make money and he stated that he wants to make money too..You gotta love it. If we could only get passed those damn child labor laws.

No comments:

Post a Comment