Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Weddings

275 people. That is way to many people for a wedding if you ask me. One of my co-workers is in the process of planning her wedding and takes every minute of the day to ask me my opinion on things. The first thing that I told her is that when my wife and I got married we had a very small ceremony. I mean small like 10 people. That is what we both wanted and we were happy about it. I really didn't see a reason to break the bank on a wedding. I have known of people who spend 30k on a wedding and then spent the next few years going back and forth about money. I did not want to be in that boat. So, this co-worker of mine plans on having the ceremony at this location on the water and she wants an open bar and this and that. She told me yesterday that she wants to find a way to not invite children to her wedding. I advised her that this might not be a good idea and I was shut down. First she told me that she did not want children screaming during the ceremony and then she started talking about the cost of food for the wedding. I stuck to my guns though and still gave my opinion. When I spoke to my wife about what my co-worker had said, she agreed with my co-worker. My wife is of the mentality that it is her wedding and she can do what she wants. My wife said that if she wants to have one legged beetles are her wedding she can have that too. (Verbatim of course) I just think that if you are having a wedding on a weekend that children are going to have to come. Maybe that it just me. I must say though that the number of people on her list is going down by the day. It was up to about 350 last week. When you start factoring in the cost of the food per person and the photographer everything else you learn real quick about easing up on the guest list. I wish her the best of luck though. I know a few people who are getting married in the next year and I hope they plan wisely. 10 people was wonderful....No issues what so ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment