Sunday, March 8, 2009

Interesting conversation

A had an interesting conversation with my co-worker while leaving the office yesterday. It is somewhat controversial but I am going to still mention it. My co-worker who is a woman asked me if is it okay for a man who is gay to hang out with a straight man. I told her that anything is okay but I personally don't. I have some associates who I know that are gay but I don't hang out with them. (For that matter the only person I really hang out with are my boy I grew up with and my brother) The more I thought about this the more I realized that I don't know any straight men that hang out with gay men. Last night my wife and I had the same conversation and she stated that she does not hang out with any gay women but it is not a conscience decision. I wonder what the reaction would be if I saw one of my friends hanging out with someone who is gay. Would my first thought automatically be the person is gay or would I just think that they are long time friends. I am bringing this up strictly for the point of conversation. I know a lot of women who hang out with gay men and I know some men that hang out with gay women. Why don't you see gay men and straight men and the other way around. I would really be interested in doing a study on this. (Add that to yours Rashad). I think the results would be astounding.

I am breathing easy today due to the fact that I still have a job. My company is currently merging with another company and they stated that they were going to send out letters to all employees about whether or not they had a job. The good thing is that I still have a job with the new merged company so I can breathe easy. I received my letter in the mail yesterday. I must admit that I was worried for a time but all is well.

1 comment:

  1. The only way I see a ghey dude and a staight one hanging is if they grew up together, and then the other comes out of closet later in life. Other than that, I can't see it. Then again Im a recovering homophobe

    ReplyDelete