Thursday, March 19, 2009

The circus

My wife and I took my son to the circus last night and I must admit I had a blast. This was my first time ever going to the circus and it was my son's first time as well. I really didn't know what to expect going in. I thought I may be bored or it would have been a bunch of crazy corny antics but it was actually the complete opposite. They kept you engaged the entire evening with a variety of skits, performances, and audience interaction. They even had about seven tigers there they were just beautiful. The expression on my son's face last night was just priceless. He clapped every five minutes or so and was just smiling all night even though it was way beyond his bedtime. Now, I must admit that I am still sort of stuck in the middle when it comes to the circus and the zoo and these sort of things. I really believe that animals should be kept in there natural environment. I don't think anyone of us really know how much abuse these animals have to go through to be able to perform in these shows. I have heard some people say that these animals love performing for the crowd. I just don't beleive that. The ironic thing is last night when we got back home there was a story on the news about how some people are suing Ringling Brothers for their treatment of elephants. Apparently the way they get them to perform goes against some form of agreement that was put in place. I don't know. I really have to think about taking my son back. I want him to understand that even though the show is fun and we love to see the animals, the animals have to go through a lot to be there.

As you may have seen it is getting harder and harder to write in this blog. My schedule based on the after hours project that I am doing in jam packed. It is well worth it but it is making it harder to write. I am going from my 9-5 on the phone with clients and meeting clients to going in the evening and making phone calls to try to get things together for something. It is time consuming but rewarding. I am really telling myself to blog more because I feel it is going to help me focus on things and it gives me a break. Hopefully I can keep at it.

2 comments:

  1. The circus is a jail for animals..shame on you

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I'm sayin'. If you listen to the animals closely, you'll hear,

    GIVE US FREE!!!

    I wonder during slavery if they had the Slave Circus, where there was such animal tricks as watching a slave read a passage from Leaves of Grass or death-defying tricks as a Slave who would say no to his master?

    The Circus. Entertainment for the whole family.

    ReplyDelete