Thursday, March 5, 2009

Crazy neighbor

As soon as I got home from work yesterday the neighbor who just moved in the complex two months ago came knocking at my door. Now I am very funny about people coming to the house anyway so I was already on edge a little bit. This is the same neighbor who stopped me one morning and started telling me how she is from Chicago and she is in her townhouse alone due to her husband passing and blah blah blah. I really stopped listening after a while. Yesterday she came and asked me if I had be hearing weird noises in the walls. I had to think for a second and I responded that I have been hearing a strange sound behind my fridge but I have not been able to pinpoint it. So, crazy woman proceeds to tell me that she keeps hearing a scurrying sound above her bedroom and it sounds as if it could be a raccoon. She keeps this wonderful dialog going by explaining how in Chicago you can just shoot the raccoon and keep it moving and how in Maryland you can't do that. This conversation led to how her son lives not to far away but far enough so that he does not come visit and how her daughter comes by every now and then. How does all of this concern me? She ended the conversation by saying that she is going to call the police and have them deal with the situation and she was going to keep me informed. This is once again an example of pointless conversation and 15 minutes wasted of my valuable time. I really have the desire at times to stop people when they are talking and ask them what the %^$ they are talking about. I know some people might have the thought that she is lonely due to her husband passing but that my friends is why they have facebook, match.com, or a vast array of internet sites to keep you busy. It does not mean come to my household. Okay, I am done venting for the morning.

3 comments:

  1. You have to master the art of just walking away from people man..yeah its rude, but oh so effective

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait a minute... did I stumble on Rashad's blog by mistake?

    I totally feel you. I have neighbors who I avoid like the plague. I've even left my car covered in soap in the middle of a wash so I can run into the house before being cornered into a time wasting conversation.

    ReplyDelete