Monday, February 9, 2009

Behaving badly

It seems like whenever I turned the news on this weekend there was a story about some entertainer or athlete in trouble with the law. From Chris Brown to even gone from the limelight Jamal Anderson. Is it really that hard to keep out of trouble? Where are the people around them whose job it is to keep them in line. Who is holding these people accountable for their actions? How often are the PR teams or family members talking to these individuals about the life that they lead and how privileged they are? It is very important to have someone in your circle who can hold you accountable. Not just if you are an entertainer but in normal everyday life. Just like you need someone you can confide in you need someone around you who is going to get in your behind (pause) and tell you when you are not on the straight and narrow. If you look at those who are successful, this is a common theme.

I am at a company right now that is going through a merger and let me tell you it is a pain in the behind. I have had training at least a week out of every month for the last seven months only to find out that because of the merger I have to go through two months of straight training again. I can't tell you how annoying this is. I have been through two mergers before that went fairly smooth and I was hoping for the same with this one. I am not one to look down on change, I even welcome it but this is not a fun process. Okay, I done venting on that.

On a side note, Al Green is still doing his thing. Last night on the Grammy's he performed and still sounded like the old school Al Green. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment