Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Good showing

Last night in front of the nation, Obama made his sales pitch for the stimulus plan. I must say that I have not heard a better sale in a long time. Obama managed to break down nearly every aspect of the plan in a very detailed way. What I thought was very interesting was how Obama at least three times made the point that he inherited this country's problems and it is his job to fix them. He also detailed how he is going to handle dealing with issues in Iran and Afghanistan. Watching him answering questions last night made me realize how much we have a thinking president in office. He went through every question like he was studying it and made sure that when he was done with his answer that you knew exactly what he meant and what his thought process was. You also got a sense last night that Obama is not with the politics being played on the House and Senate floor. He made sure to address those that are holding up the voting process and those who would rather attack him then to take action. It was very interesting to watch. I really am looking forward to how things are going to go with him.


I am really suprised that people are not addressing the fact that Nancy Pelosi has not been going along with the Bipartisanship program. She has almost shut out all the Republicans out of the bill writing process amongst other things. The only journalist that I have heard mention this is Jack Cafferty from CNN. I think in a matter of time you are going to see her and Obama butt heads and it is not going to be pretty. During the election season they seemed to be forcing their friendly relationship. I have heard some say that Pelosi is flexing her muscle a little bit. The question remains is now the time for that?


The crazy cats have struck again outside of the my front door. Can I callTerminix or animal control for something like this. I need some advice.

1 comment: