Saturday, February 14, 2009

Well

My thoughts are all over the place today. I am going to a track meet for the first time in about 10 years and I am very excited. This is the first meet that I am bringing my son to and I hope he is inspired. My brother ran track growing up and even ran in the Penn Relays and it was always a proud moment for me. I even ran track for a short time. (We aren't going to speak on that too long) Even as a child we as a family always went to the Mobil Meet at George Mason. Needless to say I am a huge track fan. Maybe my son will see this meet and be inspired to run track as well. Hopefully he gets those genes from my brother.

My son has an infatuation with Elmo. He has an Elmo potty, Elmo books, Elmo clothes, etc. Why are kids so in love with Elmo. What is it about this red creature that has children mesmerized. I wonder if I was ever this head over heels over a cartoon character. I used to watch Bugs Bunny every Saturday morning as a child. I also just liked to watch his antics but as a got older I realized the sarcasm of the character. I also used to love watching Fraggle Rock. Yes, I am telling me age here but you get the point. I am trying to get my son to get into Darth Vader or something. There has to be a way to incorporate Darth Vader into my son's everyday routine. I am going to work on that.

1 comment:

  1. Next time I come to your house, I'm screaming Elmo five times, then running out, leaving you and your wife to deal with the aftermath.

    ReplyDelete