Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Proud

When I was in 8th grade in 1991, we had an assignment where we had to pick someone we wanted to shadow for a day in their work environment. I knew early on that this assignment would be hard for me. We were not allowed to pick our parents so automatically that had me wrecking my brain. My dad advised me to think really hard about what field I wanted to shadow in and then we would begin the process of finding someone. I finally decided that I wanted to shadow a judge and my father said to me that he had someone in mind. Fast forward two weeks later and I find myself in the office of DC Superior judge Eric Holder. My dad later explained to me that they lived across the hall from one another at Columbia and they had managed to stay in contact. That day of watching him work was one of the most eye opening days of my life. He was hearing a homicide case and to be in that courtroom at that age is something I that still say kept me on the positive path. The point of this though is to state how proud I am of him now becoming the new US attorney general. I think it is a position well deserved and minus a few public missteps (Marc Rich) he has had a wonderful career.

Tonight on CNN Anderson Cooper will be interviewing Obama and I am really interested in watching this. Anderson has a way of interviewing people that he can ask the tough questions without coming off as abrasive. It should be a very interesting talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment