Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Being patient

I really hope that the American public is not hoping for an overnight success with the passing of this stimulus bill. I hope people really see what has been transpiring for the last few years and they realize that it is going to take at least a couple years to be totally out of the woods. I have been reading on different websites how people are getting excited about this bill going to Obama's desk and how they are expecting money and blah blah blah. I think we have bigger problems right now. There is no way that this bill is going to save jobs right away. I do think that the stimulus is going to create jobs in the long run (who they go to is a another story) but as of right now we are going to see more jobs lost in the next six months. I hate to say it but we are also going to see more homes lost as well. That is why being patient is going to be the best remedy. No major issue is fixed overnight. The Great Depression was not solved overnight. It took years for this country to get passed that and I think we need to buckle now and prepare for the long haul.

As I stated yesterday I had a sales rally/awards ceremony yesterday for my job. All I can say is that people are taking the "yes we can" slogan entirely to far. The theme of this sales rally was one of the president being elected. So, all through this event I had to hear references to Obama, Biden, "yes we can" etc. The new VP of the company that we are merging with was there as well and the look on her face during the event was priceless. So, for six hours I had to put my game face on and pretend to really enjoy the event. Needless to say as soon as the event was over I hightailed out of there.

1 comment:

  1. Even the great Magic Johnson, before Sunday's All Star game, said it would take 2 years for this package to really come to fruition. If he understands that, we all should.

    Btw, you look high in that profile picture man, you may want to get your wife to upgrade you champ.

    ReplyDelete