Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Interview

Last night Anderson Cooper interviewed President Obama on CNN last night. I was expecting some good things with this interview and what I got was a very generic line of questioning. Most the of the questions that he was asked revolved around the stimulus plan and what it is supposed to do for the economy. I understand that the priority in this country right now revolves around that but still. I understand also that this interview was done prior to Tom Daschle's stepping down so some questions may have been avoided due to the confirmation process. I still was expecting questions about the Obama administration's vetting process as well as questions about how he plans to bring both sides together. In the analysis after the interview CNN's David Bergen essentially stated that Obama has to be as hard on the Democrats as he is on the Republicans right now to avoid coming across as weak towards his own party. I totally agree with this statement. I understand that Obama is still in the honeymoon phase but it is time for him to distance himself a lot more than he has done.

I said I wouldn't speak on this but oh well. Why is a woman who is not married living with relatives with six kids allowed to have eight more children. What doctor gave fertility treatments to a woman in this situation. Then I learn yesterday that the same unemployed woman hired a PR firm to field offers. CRAZY. I know I am opening myself up for views on this issue but it is backwards to me why this was even done in this case. I wonder who is going to really be paying for these 14 children.

3 comments:

  1. The interview of Obama by Brian Williams was decent, but right now, no one is going to come after Obama all like that. But let more of his appointees fall thru...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as Obama is concerned,
    David Gergen should equal Nostradmus; just about everything Gergen either predicted or suggested Obama needed to do to circumvent some issue (Rev. Wright to now)have been correct.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why didn't you wake me up for the interview? You know the taxpayers are going to be paying for those kids. That is ridiculous. I told you I didn't see a dad.

    ReplyDelete