Sunday, February 8, 2009

Church

I get a lot of flack from my mother for not attending church on Sunday's. Whenever we speak she is constantly asking me if I have found a church home and if I haven't if I am looking. I keep telling her that I have mixed feelings about church but that just is not hitting home with her. There was a time when I was living in Atlanta that my wife and I were going to church just about every Sunday but as time went on I found myself going out of habit more than anything. I consider myself to be a very spiritual person in many ways. I talk to God almost everyday and pray with my son more than once a day. As a family we pray together as well. I just am not the type of person that needs to be in a church setting. Am I wrong for that?? There are times that I pick up the bible and read and even at times I may watch someone's services on television but going into a place of worship really is not for me. I know some are going to view this as wrong and I will respectfully disagree. I firmly believe that having a personal relationship with God in your own way goes a lot farther than having the image of having a personal relationship.

Is there a remedy to get rid of stray cats in your neighborhood? I need one badly. For the last 5 months there have been a new family of cats that have magically appeared in my neighborhood. At last count it was a mother and about 4 kittens who have now grown into a neighborhood terror. To be blunt, these cats are stalking me. I know it sounds crazy but I think they are plotting some sort of savage uprising. Whenever I come home from work they are sitting around my front door. Even in the morning they are under my car, or near my car. There is even one who gives me the evil eye whenever I step foot out of my house. Now, I had grown used to all of this harassment but last night took the cake. Last night while trying to go to sleep one of the cats went on my back porch and proceeded to whine and cry for about 30 minutes. The rules of engagement have been broken. I know cats don't read but it is on.

2 comments:

  1. There are some people who legimately feel so filled by God and what he's done, that they want to go church to fellowship with others who feel the same. There's nothing wrong that. I'll keep my ass in the house

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I firmly believe that having a personal relationship with God in your own way goes a lot farther than having the image of having a personal relationship."

    Amen brother. I have not been to my church for some time and when I see people they assume that something is wrong with me or that I have lost my religion. I've been politely saying that I've been busy but it annoys me on many levels.

    ReplyDelete