Monday, February 16, 2009

Why

Can someone please explain to me why Sen. Roland Burris decided now to come out and say that former Gov. Blagojevich's brother solicited him to give money. Why come out now in the midst of all of this turmoil surrounding the former governor? Did he really think that all of this was going to go over quietly? Sometimes it is just better to keep things to yourself. I know some people might not agree with me, but still. This was a bad move on his part. I think some in the Illinois Senate have been waiting for a reason to go after Burris and I think they have their green light. When he was first elected he made a point to say how he earned this position and he had no tied to the former governor. Sometime your words can come back and bite you.

John McCain needs to be very careful about what he says in the media. During an interview yesterday, McCain stated that Obama was not living up to his promise of change. He also stated that Obama has failed to really sit down with the Republicans and map out bills together. According to him this is something that the Republican party has done in the past and he thought that they were making a change. This may be true in some ways but really? Really John McCain? Is that how you really feel? I think John McCain needs to be careful that he does not undermine Obama. He also needs to choose his words in a way that shows that he wants the best for the administration and not just wanting things his own way.

So, today is President's Day and most people are going to spend the day at home relaxing. How do I get to spend my day? My job decides to have a mandatory corporate sales rally on this day. Let me emphasize the word mandatory. So, for 4-6 hours I have to sit in a room with the President, CEO, etc and hear about how great things are going (in the midst of a merger) and hear how we in sales are so appreciated. It really makes me to vomit. ( in the words of some GOP members) So, in about an hour and half I will be in the hotel conference room for this great load of fun. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment